August 7, 2012

heart: girls


My girlfriends and I had a Girls marathon on Saturday. We started at 4pm and I didn't leave until 1:30am. We got through the entire season. The show made me happy that I wasn't in my early twenties. I simply know better now. I can't relate to the show too much, but I do have an understanding of what each character is struggling through. It's more honest and raw than Sex and City, but also just as much fun, but in a different way. Lena Dunham is super smart and has insight beyond her years. It was refreshing to see. It was a blast getting to hang out with my friends, have some wine and mojitios and yell at the TV. It was a bonding experience and it got us all together for an extended period of time. What's better than that? And there are also pretty awesome lines, like this one: "Jessa has HPV, like a couple of different strains of it.  She says that all adventurous women do."

No comments:

Post a Comment