May 31, 2012

my it bag

Every time I wear this bag I get so many compliments. I have to say it is one of the nicest gifts I've ever received. It was from my first editor-in-chief, back when I worked at Interior Design magazine. It was the perfect job for someone like me just starting out. The hours were crazy of course, but the perks somehow justified the late nights (I do miss the car service). I got to go to fancy dinners on the expense account, check out the latest venues in the city, go to industry/design parties, all fun for a broke 20-something just figuring out the city. And my boss was great about giving her staff gifts. If she loved something, she's order 20 of whatever item and pass it out to her staff. This bag represents that period of time for me... that young, ambitious, take on the world girl. It's nice to be reminded of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment