March 27, 2012

girl crush: laura maniec


This past weekend I went to a wine tasting at Corkbuzz, a wine studio located in Union Square. The owner, Laura Maniec is the world's youngest female master sommelier. Know that there are only 18 women in the entire world who have that title. During my class I could tell that Laura truly loves wine and sharing her knowledge with people. I was impressed and honestly, I was also inspired. She made me think about my career direction and what I want in my life and that I can actually have and do those things. I'm adding "take a wine tour of Italy" to my list. Afterwards, I asked her to give me her life story. Basically, she grew up in an large Italian family in Brooklyn where Sunday dinners were a ritual. She knew at a young age that she wanted to work in restaurants. And I'm so happy she followed her dream. I definitely plan to be a regular customer at Corkbuzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment