March 6, 2012

personal: dream home

When I was on vacation in Cancun I daydreamed of my house. I was flipping through Vogue magazine and fell in love with Mario Testino's Spanish-style hacienda in the Hollywood Hills. And it got me thinking, I don't want to live in a tiny apartment in NYC forever. There are cute, quaint towns in Connecticut or upstate New York and some even close to the ocean. And I dreamed of a little Spanish-style home with a backyard where I'd have a garden and space to grill and entertain. And doors that lead to a patio. I imagine cool breezes sweeping through the house. Of course, my home would be in walking distance to the beach. And I'd have an outdoor shower or mudroom to wash away that day's activities. I'd have large windows and I'd fall asleep looking out at the stars and moon. Of course, there's lots more to add, but this is all I can remember right now. I should've written everything down.

No comments:

Post a Comment