February 7, 2012

currently listening to:


James Brown, "That's Life." This song was originally written for Frank Sinatra. The chorus goes, "I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn and a king. I've been up and down and over and out. And I know one thing: Each time I find myself laying flat on my face, I just pick myself up and get back in the race." I think everyone can relate to those lyrics. For the most part, I think I've made some pretty great decisions in my life, but I've also made more than my share of mistakes. No one can take credit for my choices, they're mine, all mine. And the best part is that I've grown so much from each experience. I can step outside of myself and see the changes. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. Oh, and did you know that it's a full moon tonight? I can see right outside my window. No matter how many times I look up at the moon, I am forever in awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment