January 2, 2012

new year’s resolutions

People think of January as a fresh start. A time to take stock and reexamine their lives.  Because my birthday is in January, this is a doubly exciting time. Capricorns, by nature like to give their lives form, goals, and structure. The past year has been extremely difficult, but I’m ready for a fresh start. I’m ready to make possibilities come true. More than ever I know what I want. I think that’s half the battle. 

I had a great New Year’s weekend. I went to Madison, CT to visit my friend, Karen and her family. I fell in love with the town. It’s quaint, charming, friendly, and right next to the water. And her house was gorgeous! The backyard was literally on the beach. And you know how much I love the beach! I went to sleep looking out at the stars and woke up listening to waves crashing. What a perfect start to 2012! There, I had a lot of time to really think about my life and it’s direction. I finally know now that I want to get married, start a family, and have a house (preferably close to the ocean somewhere). So, here’s my priority list: 1. My family and friends, of course 2. Taking care of myself. 3. Finding the one. 4. Managing my finances better. 5. And taking the steps to really starting my design company.

No comments:

Post a Comment