September 16, 2011

miss independent


I do love a great independent film! I receive Gwyneth's GOOP newsletters and was thrilled to see Julia Leach of Chance Co. as a guest editor. I want to see everything on her movie list:
Ferran Adria's El Bulli: Cooking in Progress. A documentary for the food obsessed. As Adria says, "The more bewilderment, the better!" (Darn, I missed the New York showing!)
Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life. A sizzling and surreal retelling of French musical maverick Serge Gainsbourg's life.
The Ides of March. George Clooney, Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour, Paul Giamatti. A boy's club thriller as the presidential campaign season approaches... yes, please.
Jane's Journey. Jane Goodall's incredible strength, calm spirit, and message of hope are captured in this documentary.
Like Crazy. Remember the intensity of your first true love? And the ache when it ended? This is that and a Sundance award winner, too. (I can't wait to see this one. See the trailer above.)
My Afternoons with Marguerite. A sweet and sentimental (in a good way) French film about life's chance encounters.
Restless. Love between two quirky, sensitive characters played by Mia Wasikowska and Henry Hopper (love them both), directed by Gus Van Sant.
Weekend. A festival award winner and heartbreaking love story from English writer/director Andrew Haigh.
Here's a documentary that I wrote about a while ago that I still want to see and check out A Cup of Jo's top 10 documentary list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment