September 13, 2011

change is good

I know I've been mia for the past couple of weeks. A lot can happen in such a short period of time. I left my job at Country Living magazine. I am the deputy art director at IEEE Spectrum, which is a magazine edited by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. This was a difficult decision to make. This publication is completely different than anywhere else I've ever worked, which is primarily why I made the decision to switch. Honestly, the hardest part was not being able to talk to my bff about it. She was across the world climbing Mt. Kili! And, yes, she made it to the top. Go EMC! Basically, I decided to go with my gut. For the first time, in a long time, I thought to myself, "Can I really do this?" I can recall maybe two times when I had this exact feeling of fear, while also having complete confidence in the back of my mind. One night as a distraction I picked up the September issue of InStyle magazine, yep, the one with BeyoncĂ© on the cover. You guys know I love her. In the feature I came across a quote, "It doesn't matter what you do, there's always room to grow. You should never be comfortable and never become lazy." When I read that quote I knew that I was ready to take on a new challenge.    

1 comment: