August 10, 2011

crazy sexy diet

I am a spiritual person. I grew up in the south, going to church, Sundays, Wednesdays, and even Mondays. I do appreciate the values my parents instilled in me and I still carry them with me to this day. But now I'm finding my own beliefs and truths. And it is ever changing and evolving. I was in Borders the other day. It's closing so they were having a huge sale. I picked up Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet with intentions of giving it to my aunt who has cancer. I started reading and haven't been able to put it down. Kris is completely approachable and inspiring. I don't have cancer, but I want be healthy and happy. I have an idea of the kind of life I want to live. Practice yoga, meditate, eat good food, use organic and natural products... I don't know why the shift. I know it's there for a reason. Change is hard, but I think I can do it. Small steps. This week my goal is simple. Write a letter. Not just any letter, one to myself. I read Tama Kieves' blog post a couple of days ago and it's lingering in the back of my mind. I figured I should do the same. And I've stopped drinking soda. I haven't had a coca-cola in three days! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment