March 12, 2011

ira and abby

Last night I watched Ira and Abby, which was written by Jennifer Westfeldt. I'm a fan of Jennifer, I loved (and own) Kissing Jessica Stein and I also saw her on Broadway in Wonderful Town. She's the cuter, funnier, light-hearted version of Woody Allen. What I loved about Ira and Abby was the exploration of marriage. I admit, I am skeptical of marriage. I am also a romantic. In the film, Ira and Abby meet at a health club and get married the very next day. Everything about it is so New York, which I also love. We all are on our own path, in our own heads and sometimes we get jaded, but Jennifer's character, Abby, reminds you otherwise, that it's okay to be your normal, caring self. I can't wait to see Jennifer's next movie, Friends With Kids, which she is directing with long-time partner, Jon Hamm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment