February 7, 2011

I am on Liz Dennery Sanders's (owner of SheBrand) email list and every few weeks or so, she sends out an inspiring and motivating newsletter. The most recent article talked about courage. It was perfect timing for me. A couple of nights ago, I was talking with my bff about our climb up Mt. Kilimanjaro to raise money to build a school in Tanzanina through Kujali International and I told her that I was scarred. I really am. I am scarred that I might not raise the money. More than that, I am scarred that I will get sick or have some crazy food poisoning episode. This is not something I just made up in my mind. For a while now, I haven't been feeling well. The tipping point was when I got food poisoning while vacationing in Paris. That was the worst thing I've ever gone through, physically. I can't even describe for you the details. It was not pretty! I am so thankful that my friend, Karen was there to help. She really took care of me. So, now I'm afraid that the same thing will happen on this climb, except I will be on this mountain in the middle of nowhere. Luckily, I have time to prepare, both mentally and physically. Like Sanders said, "just put one foot in front of the other." My new mantra is from Eleanor Roosevelt: "We must do that which we think we cannot." 

No comments:

Post a Comment