January 17, 2011

thankful!



Today is Martin Luther King, Jr. day and I am so thankful. I think of the lives of my parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents, their struggles, what they went through. What they had to survive, things that I cannot comprehend or describe, yet, they were always hopeful for the future. Hopeful that I would have a better life. I am thankful for their strength and love. I know that my ancestors had dreams for the future and I hope that I am fulfilling at least some part of those dreams. We still have a long way to go. Let's keep working to bring people together, build equality, better education for all of our children, health care, job security, etc. I just asked my brother, "What is one thing that I can do to help you in 2011?" I am going to fulfill his request. Maybe, you can ask someone in your life the same question. Let's take care of one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment