November 3, 2010

lentil soup

One of my favorite things about fall/winter is soup. Last Sunday, I made a Lentil soup recipe from Everyday Food magazine. Here it is:
15-Minute Lentil Soup
•1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
•1/2 small onion, finely chopped
•1 carrot, finely chopped
•1 celery stalk, finely chopped
•1 garlic clove, minced
•coarse salt and ground pepper
•14.5 ounces low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
•3/4 cup cooked lentils (from a 15-ounce can), rinsed and drained
•2 teaspoons red-wine vingar
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth; bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Add lentils and cook until soup thickens slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and season with salt and pepper. (Serving 1-2) Note: I cooked my own lentils instead of using a can, if you do, I recommend Amy's organic products.

2 comments:

  1. You should try the lentil curry I make. It is so good...so good I want to pee my pants somethings. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sometimes. I hate that we cannot go back and edit. (NOTE: I need to take my time).

    ReplyDelete