March 13, 2010

wake up early: part two

I know that waking up early is like starting any new habit, taking little steps every day. And I can't keep going at this rate with too little sleep, too much stress, and too little energy. I think I'm just sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, so I'm seeking solutions. And I started reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin a week ago and the first chapter entitled "Boost Energy" was just what I needed give me a little boost. I want to make sure that I get enough sleep and enough exercise for my health, happiness, and sanity. This week I'm going to focus on going to sleep earlier. For me that's 12:30am. The only way I know how to do that and what Rubin suggests is to turn off the lights. I need to stop reading, watching TV, checking emails, whatever, and go to bed. Hopefully, I'll wake up naturally when my body is rested. With the extra time in the morning I want to exercise, eat breakfast, and start writing my goals daily. I'll let you know how the next week goes.

Side note: I just purchased a sailing lesson with Hudson River Community Sailing. On my way to checking another item off my 28 Things Before I Turn 29 list.

No comments:

Post a Comment