February 19, 2010

welcome

 
santa monica beach, 2009

This is my new blog. I can't think of a better (post Valentine's Day) gift to give myself. Well, maybe a trip to Paris or the black Colver embossed Comme des Garçons wallet that I've been trying so hard not to buy with my freelance money. I've been doing a lot of thinking, mostly about what makes me happy. I am happy when I am in tune with the universe. And I feel most in tune with the universe when I'm near the ocean. I am happiest when I'm on the beach. Where I can hear the crashing of waves. Wiggle grains of sand between my toes. Feel the warmth of the sun beaming on my face. Hence, the inspiration behind this blog and the name Sun Day (yes, literally a day of sun). Sun Day Collective (SDC) is a design and paper goods company (and a work in progress). Here, I will share all the things that make me happy, inspire me, and challenge me. I can't wait to see what happens as I embark on this incredible journey.

Oh, and here's a completely random quote that seems to be perfect for this exact moment: "You gotta step out of your comfort zone to catch the wave that's going to change your life." Context: 11:30 pm. I'm watching a Lifetime movie, Flirting with Forty on Valentine's Day.

Happy Sun Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment